When I started playing around with creating printables I, of course, reached out to family and friends to see what their thoughts were on what I had created. Mostly their reviews were great but the number one question I got from everyone was “What does editable mean?”.
Allow me to explain…
Even though some people may not know what editable means I still felt it was an important feature to offer. Once people understand exactly what it means and what it enables them to do they seem to find it very beneficial.
The benefits of having editable printables
- You don’t have to carry around a physical planner. Some people really hate having to always have a planner with them. This solves that problem.
- Some people’s lives require them to be on a computer for a good portion of the day (for example, people who work in an office or people who run a blogging business 😉) and find it much easier to use a planner digitally.
- You can keep your editable printables in Google Drive and access them from anywhere that has Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
- You can keep your printables on a portable USB drive and take them with you wherever you go. Just hook the USB drive up to a device that has Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on it and you can use your printables!!!I use SanDisk Ultra Flair 128GB. Sometimes you don’t need one with so many GBs. In this case one with fewer GBs will work just fine. For example, the Samsung 32GB BAR.
- You can also access your printables on most devices. For example, I edit my Daily planner on my Samsung Nook (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 NOOK 8″) & Samsung Galaxy s9 phone every day. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on both devices. So, all I have to do is download my daily planner from Google Drive, once downloaded I open my daily planner in Adobe Acrobat Reader, make any changes I see necessary, then simply upload the most recent version back into Google Drive (deleting the older version that is still in Google Drive so as not to get confused about which is the most current version).
What is an editable printable (pdf)
An editable printable is a PDF document that you can type on. You can enter text into the pdf like you would if you were writing by hand on a printed pdf.
When you open your printable in pdf format (which is the format all my printables come in) you will see blue boxes. Each blue box represents a place where you can type. Each box will be set to type in a very readable font such as Ariel, Calibri, or Helvetica.
These blue boxes will not be visible if you decide to print your printables.
Any checkboxes that may be on the printable are also editable. Just click the desired box to tick the checkmark on or off. Sometimes it might be a checkmark and sometimes it might be a X mark. It really just depends on the style of that specific printable.
Even though your printable may be editable you can still print and “handwrite” on the printables just like you would if it was a non-editable printable.
I think the thing I love most about editable printables is how easy they are to use. All you do is click > type > save. It really is that easy.
I hope this answers any questions you might have about editable printables. If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact me or comment below.